1. BREAKING just this morning – headed for university!
A professor of global public health plans to schedule me as a guest presenter for a university class in the fall. Plus–list VACCINES & BAYONETS as an optional reading assignment for her classes!
2. Book Clubs:
Two book clubs have chosen Vaccines & Bayonets. I’m going to zoom with them for a “conversation with the author.” V & B is a great read for book clubs.
3. 5-star reviews on Amazon!
Those reviews are the lifeblood of book sales, so thank you, thank you, thank you if you’ve posted yours! Some have posted their reviews also on GoodReads. Another great place for reviews. So appreciated!!
4. Many of you “attended” my virtual launch on June 24. It was great fun.
Among the 3 prizes, I was so excited to award a $20 donation to Charity: Water in the name of one lucky winner. (Women and girls in Africa have to walk an average of approximately 1400 hours a year just to get water for their families. I have pledged a percentage of net sales of my book to support Charity: Water.)
5. Local bookstores will now carry my book:
Chaucer’s Books in Santa Barbara, Tecolote Book Shop in tiny Montecito (famous enclave/suburb of Santa Barbara), and Barnes & Noble in Ventura.
4 book signings for private groups.
4 bookstores lined up for signings once in-person events start again.
3 speaking engagements via Zoom.
Want to help my sales rank?
If you’d like to boost VACCINES & BAYONETS sales ranking in July and August:
1. Buy it. Read it. Post your review online. Posting on Amazon helps me the most but you can post the same review on Goodreads as well as with other online booksellers.
2. Choose it for your bookclub.
I’d love to hear from you. Stop in on the contact page and say hi!